While Bagez is engineered to be a simple to use yet innovative product, we understand that you might have some questions regarding its use or functioning. We hope we’re able to help answer all of your queries via our handy FAQs below, however, should you require any additional information, do check out our Product Page or feel free to email or call us anytime with your queries.
Does Bagez come with a warranty?
Yes. With Bagez, we stand by our product and offer a full 30-day replacement warranty. Rest assured, you can contact us at any time with queries regarding your purchase and we’ll be happy to assist you in any way we can.
Where do I get replacement parts for my Bagez?
Bagez is an easy-to-use product that’s extremely durable and made to last. Parts are easily available via our E-commerce page .
Can I use more than one garbage bag?
Yes. We’ve designed Bagez to be extremely versatile and easy-to-use. When one bag is full, simply release the bag from your Bagez unit, seal it off and let it drop to the bottom of your bin. Just add a new one to your Bagez unit and you’re good to go. Bagez allows you to keep using your container till its capacity is reached.
What do I do when my garbage bag is full?
We’ve created Bagez to be a convenient product to use. When your current bag is full, detach it from your Bagez unit and let it drop to the bottom of your bin after sealing it. Replace the bag with a new one and you’re all set. You can continue to do this with Bagez till your bin’s capacity is reached.
What do I do when my bin is full?
When your bin has reached capacity, unhook and store your Bagez unit for the next use, seal the last bag, shut the bin’s lid and position the bin for pick up. Each Bagez unit can be used till your bin has reached its maximum capacity and then simply folded and put away to be used again.
Can I use Bagez with my regular bin liners?
Yes you can. Because of its versatile design, Bagez can easily be used with almost any size bin liner. However, we recommend that you use bio-degradable bags or compostable bags, as per your local regulations and laws to ensure you’re doing your bit for the environment. Do keep in mind that bin liners and larger garbage bags that fit the opening of larger containers, such as the 65 and 95-gallon wheelie bins, are expensive.
Bagez was designed for outdoor garbage bags, but bin liners of 8-gallon and up can also be secured firmly, always ready for use. While bin liners can be used for all sorts of waste, from wet to dry and food containers et al, it could also mean you could be throwing out a perfectly usable liner when disposing of your trash which could still have a lot of space remaining. You can now use any bag and even drop cuttings directly into the garbage bag attached to your Bagez unit inside the bin outside your home. This will save you from discarding the kitchen bin liner which may still have room for additional waste, thus, saving you money on liners and extending the use of your bags.
More importantly, because Bagez supports large kitchen liners too, wet waste can be thrown directly into the bin with a Bagez unit. Make sure you have a Bagez unit for your Green/ Organic bin as well since we strongly recommend you separate your organics from your other waste. This means, you’ll effectively be helping us lower the amount compost garbage deposited at landfills which presently accounts for 38% of Canada’s methane emissions, just by reducing the number of bags and liners used.
With Bagez you needn’t be too concerned about what bags will work; our aim is to give you the option of deciding what bag and size works best for you with our product designed for your convenience.
What material is Bagez made from and how durable is it?
Bagez is created to be extremely sturdy while remaining versatile. Each unit is made of steel and plastic (fasteners and other smaller parts) and is designed and constructed to resist deformation. Bagez can be bent, but the force required to do so would be immense. The frame has been tested and withstands a force of about 60 pounds. Don’t worry about it taking the weight of even your heavier garbage bags.
What size garbage bags can I use with Bagez?
Bagez is a versatile product that can be used with all kinds and types of bags. Almost all available garbage or trash gag sizes are useable with Bagez. Small, medium or large size bags easily fit and are supported by all our units. Bagez also supports various larger kitchen liners and trash bags and can also be partnered with tie-up and drawstring bags as well.
Any bag from the 8-gallon range up can be secured and held open to use daily with Bagez. Bagez can even be used with mesh bags, which we recommend using when fishing as it keeps the catch alive till you reach the shore or port.
We advise using compostable or bio-degradable bags as they are environment-friendly. However, make sure you follow the rules of your region so that you are not fined or have your waste not picked up.
How does Bagez help me avoid unpleasant odours?
By using Bagez you can discard food waste or articles that may cause unpleasant odours directly into the bag attached to your unit inside the wheelie bin outdoors. Some people usually have an extra storage bin in the garage for convenience which would then either be emptied or rolled out to the curb for disposal. Bagez helps eliminate the need for this secondary bin in the garage as it performs the same function of storing and holding a garbage bag only more efficiently and not within the home area. The Bagez solution thereby helps avoid smelly garbage from creating a stench in the home.
Can I use Bagez in my indoor bins?
While Bagez is extremely versatile it is designed to secure your waste in your larger outdoor bins.
Bagez firmly secures all styles and sizes of outdoor garbage bags in the upright position, as well as some large indoor trash bags and kitchen liners (8-gallons and up).
How do I store Bagez when it’s not in use?
Bagez, although extremely sturdy and designed for daily use, has an easy-to-use innovative design. With a simple twist, Bagez can be folded and tucked away occupying a minimal amount of space (almost the size of a clothes hanger), allowing it to be very conveniently carried along anywhere – for picnics, on fishing trips or any other outdoor activities like Barbeques etc.
How does Bagez help me save money?
We’ve designed Bagez to help you conserve space and reduce your stress when it comes to waste management, all while helping you protect the environment. But we’ve also created this product to help you save money in various ways: –
- Bagez reduces the number of bin liners/ plastic bags you would normally use. Here’s how:-
On average a regular household (3-4 persons) uses 4 single-use plastic/ grocery bags a week to dispose of organic waste.
- @$0.05 a bag x 4 bags a week x 52 weeks = $10.40 per year
But 1 single 8-9 gallon bag (34 liters) can easily support the organic waste of this household. With Bagez, that supports kitchen liners of up to 8-9 gallons for the organic bin (green), usage reduces to Just 52 bags a year (1 per week).
- @$0.07 x 52 weeks = $3.64 per year
So, not only does Bagez save you $6.76 a year it also helps you save the environment.
- Bagez is versatile enough to use with all size garbage bags so you don’t need to purchase larger, more expensive bags for larger bins. To illustrate:-
One of the primary reasons people choose to spend more on garbage bags is because they’re less likely to tear/rip while lifting them, due to the weight of organic waste and size of the bags. It also prevents them from utilising the bags to their full capacity because of the same reasons, causing the use of multiple bags.
- These large, expensive 47 gallon bags (178 litres) cost $9.97 (pack of 20).
$0.49 (per bag) x 2 bags per week (average) x 26 weeks (Bi-weekly pick up) = $25.48 per year
Now, consider opting for slightly cheaper quality bags or smaller bags as in the examples below, calculated for an average household of 3-4 persons.
- Sample A 47 gallon (178L) 40 pack @ $9.97
$0.24 (per bag) x 2 bags per week (average) x 26 weeks (Bi-weekly pick up) = $12.48 per year
- Sample B 20 gallon (75L) 100 pack @ $9.97
$0.09 (per bag) x 5 (average) x 26 weeks (Bi-weekly pick up) = $11.7 per year
Bagez not only supports multiple bag sizes, it also eliminates the worry from bag splits/ rips as it doesn’t require you to lift the bags outside of the bin. This enables you to save money by choosing the large, inexpensive bags (Sample A) or smaller bags (Sample B)
Aside from this, Bagez also allows you to use each bag to its maximum capacity, effectively giving you more gallon space. Using the above examples, you could end up with 6 gallons extra (Sample B) and spend only $11.7 a year which is a $13.78 savings or save $13 (Sample A) on the larger, more affordable option without worry.
- It saves you cleaning costs by companies that would normally charge anywhere between $100-$400, depending on the number of bins you have or how often you have them cleaned
- You can also discard your trash from other indoor bins directly into Bagez thereby saving on the number of bags purchased for smaller in-home cans and bins.
- Bagez also helps you save money on exterminator fees to rid yourself of vermin, pests and animals that are attracted to food waste caused by leakages in your bin, bag splits and spills. These critters not only cause disease but also, sometimes, thousands of dollars’ worth of damage to your home.
What size garbage bin does Bagez fit?
While Bagez is designed to be versatile and used with almost all size garbage bags, it can also be used with almost all size garbage bins as well. Now you don’t have to waste time worrying if the bag is the right size for your bin or vice versa. Bagez is the garbage bag holder that works with all wheelie bins and cart sizes – 30, 65, and 95 and up gallons.
Bagez sets up in seconds; all you have to do is place it in position, secure the bag to the frame using the supplied fasteners and start using it. It can also be quickly and easily folded away and carried along for use anywhere else.
Besides having the convenience of simply being placed into position, there are no modifications required to set it up. When its garbage collection day, just remove Bagez by lifting the fasteners, sealing your last bag, and pushing the bin to the curb to wait for pickup. That’s it.
Will Bagez rust or freeze when it rains or the temperature drops?
Bagez is made of durable steel and from its frame to the fasteners for the bags and the holders for the bin; it is designed to withstand all weather conditions. Be it the rains, snow or extreme cold, Bagez will endure ensuring your waste is secured, well managed without any hassles and your home is free from a mess, pests or nasty odours.
How do I use Bagez?
Bagez has an easy-to-use design that can be set up in a matter of seconds.
- Step 1 – Place your garbage bag (Bagez can be used with almost all size bags) inside the frame of the unit and fasten it with the provided clamps.
- Step 2 – Clamp the sides to the rim of your bin. Don’t worry; Bagez is designed to fit almost all size bins.
- Step 3 – Toss in your garbage.
When each bag is full, simply unfasten it from your Bagez unit, seal it off and drop it to the bottom of your bin and repeat the steps with a new bag. It’s that simple.
How does Bagez help the environment?
Here are some frightening statistics –
- Roughly 45% of all landfills in North America and Canada account for food and food containers with the average family using about 1500 bags per year.
- Scientists estimate that every square mile of ocean contains about 46,000 pieces of floating plastic (https://www.niftyhomestead.com/blog/plastic-bag-stats/)
- At least 267 different species are known to have suffered from entanglement or ingestion of plastic marine debris. (https://www.niftyhomestead.com/blog/plastic-bag-stats/)
- The amount of petroleum used to make a plastic bag would drive a car about 115 meters while it would take only 14 plastic bags to drive one mile! (https://www.niftyhomestead.com/blog/plastic-bag-stats/)
- Each year, 1 trillion plastic bags are consumed worldwide. That’s nearly two million plastic bags per minute. (https://www.niftyhomestead.com/blog/plastic-bag-stats/)
- There is now six times more plastic debris in parts of the North Pacific Ocean than zooplankton. (https://www.niftyhomestead.com/blog/plastic-bag-stats/)
Government schemes and programs focus on how each person can do their part towards saving the planet; keeping plastic out of landfills and sorting waste for recycling. Everyone wants to save or do their part to save the environment, but most people do not have the time, energy or drive to do the little extra work it takes.
That’s one of the primary reasons Bagez exists. Bagez offers consumers a simple method of reducing the amount of shopping plastic bags, food and its containers from going into landfills while giving consumers clear and direct advantages.
In terms of plastics going into landfills, every small change creates a big difference to the environment. By discarding your waste directly into the Bagez supported bag, you are able to reduce the amount of plastic bags used while using garbage bags that are easier to recycle.
Reducing our Carbon Footprint should be the responsibility of every human being and Bagez aims to help you make a small but vital contribution to the cause while making your chores easier.
How does Bagez help keep pests at bay?
Bagez has been designed to be a holistic method for home waste management. By helping you keep your home and surroundings more hygienic, our product will prevent pests, vermin, animals and bugs (mice, raccoons, maggots, flies etc.) from gathering around your bin in search of food. Many people keep an extra garbage bin inside the garage for easy access to dispose of household waste; pests are attracted to the smell of this garbage as they are looking for a food source and getting in out of the cold. Once these critters and pests get into your home and mark it as a source of food, count on their numbers increasing. This is not a suitable situation, especially if there are children around as diseases are frequently carried by these creatures.
Bagez eliminates the need of the additional or secondary bin in the garage that occupies space. It is placed directly in your main garbage bins which are usually situated outside the home. This removes the food source as well as hiding spots for these critters.
Bagez is designed to keep space between your bag and the wall of your bin; with the convenient design, it enables you to keep your extra bin outdoors thus preventing any spillages from occurring indoors in your garage which would attract animals etc. who could then find a way inside your home. By helping you secure your waste properly, Bagez will help prevent spillage and tears.
Most exterminators and waste management experts will, in fact, tell you not to store food and garbage in your garage to avoid incentivising pests from entering your home.
How does Bagez improve hygiene in the home?
By using Bagez, you continue to get the convenience of having your garbage bag to use for trash as required, except, it’s outside your home and directly inside your wheelie or garbage bin. By having all your garbage outside your home you avoid creating a source of infection and unhygienic conditions that arise from bad smells, bugs, pests, vermin and other animals attracted by the smell of your waste that is stored indoors.
Bagez secures your garbage bag so that when depositing trash daily there is no contact between you bin wall and the garbage. This helps keep all sort of household waste matter off your bin, keeping it clean and not causing any unhygienic conditions and smells that may attract these pests.
Since it is outdoors, it also prevents smelly odours from building up and entering into your home each time you open your garage door.
Because of this, pests and bugs that spread disease (which account for 1 of the top 6 reasons for infections around homes in North America and Canada) can be drastically reduced. Bagez also helps by ensuring your waste is kept outdoors, sealed and that potential spills only happen outside of your home.
What additional advantages does Bagez offer? What else can I use Bagez for?
Designed to be versatile for home waste management, Bagez can also be used for a variety of other purposes. Here are some of the added advantages and additional uses you can get with your Bagez unit:-
- Easy storage – Bagez can easily be folded and stored away thanks to its light compact design, making it a great tool for camping, picnics, beach outings and outdoor getaways.
- Outdoor parties and gatherings – Bagez helps make parties, BBQ cookouts, luncheons and most outdoor clean-ups easy, fast and very convenient. You can dispose of all waste directly into your bin bag secured to a Bagez unit inside. Just set it up with a clean bag inside a bin and start adding your waste. This allows the bag to be used to its maximum capacity, creating no wasted space. There is also no need to lift or move the bags its already in the city bin as needed for pick up, saving you from having a messy clean up to deal with in case of bag leaks or rips. Just seal and drop the last bag into the bin, pop your Bagez unit out and you’re done.
- No spillage during falls – Since we created Bagez to work with almost all size bins, we also took into account events where a bin might fall over. With its gyroscopic-styled design, even if your bin topples over, the Bagez unit inside will still remain intact, securing your bag to prevent spillage.
- It’s a one-man job now – With a Bagez unit you won’t need a second person around to hold a bag open while you fill it with waste or whatever you choose to store inside. It can easily be tied to a branch at campsites or outdoor areas that don’t have bins or clamped to something to hold the bag in place while it’s filled.
- Water Conservation – As an added bonus, Bagez can also be used for rain water harvesting. By setting up multiple open units outdoors with containers attached, you can collect rainwater for various uses.
- For Camping – Bagez can prove to be quite handy to store waste while camping and keep it off the ground and away from animals. By attaching a bag and hanging or clamping the unit to a raised branch, waste can conveniently be stored away, out of the reach of animals.
- For the active outdoor sports-person – We designed Bagez to also be a little more than just a home waste management solution; each unit can also be used by adventure enthusiasts for hunting and fishing and other such outdoor activities and situations.
- For hunters – Field dressing, bagging and storing game can be a one-man job with Bagez.
- Fishing – Using a mesh bag and attaching it to a Bagez unit positioned at the side of your boat can be a great way to store fish caught while keeping them alive till you reach the shore. It can later be used to put away the scraps, scales, bones and guts of your day’s catch.
However, do be aware of the natural wildlife in your area as smaller catch might draw the attention of larger predators. In these cases, we recommend using closed bags. Also keep in mind that these bags over the side might cause your craft some drag.
- In the garden – Bagez can also be used as a container for holding leaves while raking or storing compost while you’re working on your garden. Again, simply by tying it up or attaching it to a smaller bin, it becomes an easy one-man job.
- Winter benefits – Bagez is particularly handy during winter:-
- Between unseemly indoor garbage bins taking up space and creating a mess and dirty cars, squeezing through a garage can prove to be a difficult task often leading to unnecessary wear, tear and grime coming off onto our thick winter garments. Thus, with the convenience of Bagez, you’ll no longer need to keep that extra bin indoors leaving you with plenty of room to move around your uncluttered and cleaner garage space.
- The winter also brings about the dangers of bag splits or tears as liquids in the bags may freeze, and cause the bags to rip while lifting them out. With Bagez, we remove the need to lift these bags out of your bin.
While it has quite a few additional uses, Bagez is primarily the perfect solution for dealing with your household trash. It allows you to keep your home sanitary while keeping the pests, bugs and vermin from creating a nuisance or spreading infections to your loved ones at home.
Bagez can be easily be set up to hang, be balanced or positioned to work without a bin to secure and support garbage or similar bags, so that they can be used in quite a few everyday situations. Each unit helps create a place for you to safely, quickly dispose of trash, store items and seal full bags without ever having to think about the cleanliness or hygiene issues when dealing with trash.